1. How do I register with Expert?
Please access the register option on our website, then by providing your ID number, Name, address and email address and chosen password, you will be registered with us. After successful registration you will receive a confirmation email. Thereafter you can access your account by logging in with your email address and password.
2. How safe is online shopping?
Online shopping is quick, easy, and convenient - however, there are still some safety factors that need to be considered when using your credit card to make purchases online.
- Only place an order with your credit card on trusted websites that are verified as secure sites (look for the lock image on the toolbar)
- On the Web page where you enter your credit card or other personal information, look for an "s" after ‘http://’ in the Web address of that page - it should read: ‘https://’. The encryption is a security measure that scrambles your data as it is entered
- Do not send emails that contain personal information such as your card number and expiry date
- Use good quality antivirus software
3. What do I do if I forgot my password?
Please access the “I forgot my password button”, and provide us with your email address and we will sent you a reset link.
4. My email address has changed. How do I update this on my current account?
Please access the "my account" section on the website using your previous email address, edit your profile details and edit the email address.
5. What do I need to supply in order to purchase a TV set?
In terms of the Broadcasting act, you will be required to produce a valid TV license and a copy of your ID document when purchasing a TV.
You may purchase or renew your annual TV licence either in our stores or on the website.
6. Can I use my spouse TV License online?
Unfortunately not, the user that is registered on our site must have a valid TV license in his or her name as the validation will take place against the registered ID number. A person purchasing a television set must be in possession of a valid (paid-up) TV licence. A television set may not be purchased using someone else’s TV licence. Your spouse is free to register their profile on our website and complete the transaction through their profile.
7. What happens if an item is out of stock?
Expert shall use reasonable endeavours to make advertised stock and general stock available at the price indicated at that specific time. (To the extent of the expressed stock limitation (or availability) In the instance of advertised stock and in the event of running out of stock on the expressed stock limits, Expert shall supply the consumer with the same or equivalent stock as an alternative to the advertised stock.
Although Expert strives to ensure that we minimise out of stock situation, in this instance, we will notify you of any delivery delays that could be incurred if we need to source a product from an alternative branch.
8. What are my payment options?
Expert accepts the following types of payments on its website;
- Credit Card payments: Only South Africa issued (Visa and MasterCard) credit cards will be accepted for all credit card payments On completing the purchase cycle the sales details are sent to the bank, if payment is unsuccessful or authorization is not issued by the bank your purchase cycle cannot be completed Please ensure your card is registered for 3D secure to recieve your authorisation code from your bank. If you have any trouble recieving your code, please try another payment method or contact us for further assistance.
- Debit card payments: Only South Africa debit cards will be accepted by Expert for all debit card payments. In order to verify your pin code you would have to be in procession of an MTN or Vodacom network cell phone with a 32k sim. On completing the purchase cycle the sales details are sent to the bank, if payment is unsuccessful or authorization is not issued by the bank your purchase cycle cannot be completed. No international issued credit or debit cards will be accepted to process payment
- Instant EFT and Ozow EFT
- Mobicred - An online credit facility that allows you to shop on expertstores.co.za and repay the amount in monthly installments. Find out more and apply for Mobicred today. https://mobicred.co.za/start/expert-stores
9. Is it safe to shop with you?
We all love the convenience of shopping online, but are concerned about the risks that may be involved. This is why our on-line shop is secure for Credit Card payments, as verified by VISA and MasterCard SecureCode 3D Secure standards; and for Debit Cards using the PayD secure processes. Technology, such as 3D Secure and PayD, has been designed to protect you while you shop.
10. How do I pay by card?
Millions of South Africans can now pay for their online purchases through this service. Your Expert online purchases can be done safely. All you need is:
- an existing PIN-based credit or debit card from a South African Bank with Online Payments activated.
- a mobile phone with a South African SIM card (sim must be 32k and up) to recieve your 3D Secure Code via SMS or Banking App.
This pioneering technology means you can now benefit from the competitive prices, convenience and variety associated with shopping online with us, even if you don’t have a credit card. Best of all, your transaction is secure! You don’t even need to set up a new account.
11. When will my Credit Debit card be debited?
Immediately after approval from your bank is received.
12. Can I place a pre-order for products still to be released?
Unfortunately we do not offer pre-orders at this stage.
13. What are your delivery fees?
Delivery prices differ and will be communicated with you once order had been placed.
15. Will I have to sign for my package?
Yes, proof of receipt must be signed for, either by the purchaser or a person mandated to receive and sign on behalf of the purchaser.
16. What happens if I do not receive my goods within the stipulated time frame?
Please contact our call centre 087 095 5722.
17. Do you deliver to all areas within the borders of South Africa?
We deliver to all main centres within the geographical borders of RSA. However, should your delivery address fall into one of the following categories such as; plots, farms, mines, military bases, major chain stores, power stations, game reserves and lodges and harbours; you will be liable for the extra costs incurred in delivering , storage and or returning the parcel.
18. What happens if I am not at home at time of delivery?
We will notify you of a failed delivery i.e: whereby no one was at the specified delivery address to receive and sign for the goods at the time of delivery , we will endeavour to reschedule the delivery with you within 24 – 48 hours, however you may be liable if any additional handling and shipping charges are incurred for a re-delivery.
19. What happens if an item is missing or damaged from my shipment?
It is always regrettable to have unfortunate events like incorrect deliveries or damaged goods delivered, however to ensure that you get the immediate attention you deserve and that the query is acted on urgently, we require you to please notify on 087 095 5722 or via mail email@example.com and advise us of the discrepancy in your delivery.
For incorrect product and or quantity - Please notify us immediately as parcel is received For damaged goods - Please notify us within 24 hours of receipt of delivery.
20. Can I cancel my order?
Once an order has been processed, such an order cannot be cancelled through the online shop. However please contact our online management at 087 095 5722.
21. Can I return my goods?
In most instances and within the returns policy of Expert i.e. when goods become defective within its warranty period or are damaged on delivery, return of goods can be effected. However, due to the nature of certain of the goods and/or copyright law restrictions, you cannot return computer and gaming software, speakers, CD’s, DVD’s and Blu-ray discs unless it is found that the goods were defective at the time of purchase. All defect software will be exchanged for the same products/software item. You must ensure that all games and computer software are compatible with your current hardware, operating system or console, prior to conducting a purchase. All unsealed, open and used PC's, laptops, netbooks & tablets must be assessed, by agent prior to any exchanges, refunds, etc. The customer will be liable for charges for reconfiguration due to software related errors, failures as a result of incorrect installations, modifications, password unblocking, virus etc. Hardware warranty is immediately null and void if the product has been tampered with, warranty stickers have been removed, seals on equipment have been broken by anyone other than the manufacturer’s representative or if the goods have been operated outside the manufacturer’s specifications. Please refer to out terms and conditions for detailed information.
22. I want to return my purchase. What do I do and can I go to any Expert store?
Please contact or visit your closest store for any over counter in-store purchase or online purchase to be returned or repaired. Logging your return or repair on-line with our call centre to arrange a courier collection is only applicable for products purchased on-line. Courier collections will occur within 72 hours (weekdays only) from time of booking confirmation being received. Please ensure that the goods are properly packaged as not to sustain damages whilst in transit.
Repairs take a maximum of 21 days from day of goods being returned to and received by a Expert store, or 21 days if collected by a repairs agent. Any abuse, tampering, incorrect installations, mismatching and damage due to natural disasters will not be covered under the above warranties.
23. How long will my refund take to reflect back in my bank account?
Online refunds are deposited directly into the bank account where the transaction originated from and can take between 10 to 30 days.
24. Is there a repair fee charged when my unit out of guarantee?
Before we start any repair work for out of warranty returns, you will be charged with an upfront payment of R350 as a deposit. You will be charged this fee should you advise us that we should not proceed with the repair work.
In the event that you give us approval to proceed with the repair work, the aforementioned R350 will be waived (subject to section 15 of the CPA). If you do not collect the repaired goods within 2 months after we have notified you that it is ready for collection, we may sell the goods to defray costs.
25. How do I buy something from Expert?
1. Find the items you wish to buy
Keyword search boxes are located on nearly every page. You will also find links to browse lists and more detailed product-specific searches in the top and left navigation bar of each department. When you find an item that interests you, click the title or name of the item to see its details, including availability and dispatch estimate times.
2. Add to basket
Found the products you want to buy? Click on Add to basket. Your shopping basket contains all the products that you have selected to buy. Once you’ve added an item to your Shopping basket, keep searching until your cart contains all of the items you want to order. You can access the contents of your Shopping basket at any time by clicking the basket icon.
3. Check out
- To enter checkout, click on the ‘proceed to checkout’ button
- Your product list will appear. Select the products you wish to buy and click on the check-out button on the bottom right of the page
- You will now be prompted to log in or register
- Select your delivery method and click on the continue button on the bottom right
- Select your delivery address or create a new delivery address
- Select your payment method, and click on the ‘buy now’ button on the bottom right of the page
- Click on ‘proceed’ if you are ready to complete the payment process
- A complete order summary will now display with all the details of your order. Please ensure that all information, including your delivery details are correct
Please note: when purchasing for the first time on Expert we may ask you for proof of identification.
26. What is instant EFT?
Instant EFT is a payment service provided by Payfast that allows Expert customers to pay via EFT without the hassle of a waiting period. This payment option is available to all customers who bank with ABSA, First National Bank, Nedbank or Standard Bank.
How it works
- Select Instant EFT as your payment option during checkout.
- You will be redirected to the PayFast payment engine where you’ll be prompted to pay the appropriate amount via EFT from your internet banking site.
- PayFast account details and a unique reference number will be provided to you by PayFast during the payment process.
- After completing your EFT payment on your internet banking site, return to the PayFast screen and click the “COMPLETE” button.
- Receipt of your payment will be verified and your order completed.
- You will be notified of successful payment and completion of your order via email.
- No manual reconciliation or missing payments.
- Instant confirmation of funds received.
- No delay in authorisation and delivery of your order.
- No special software needed.
27. When will my deposit be authorized?
1. Instant EFT
If you bank with ABSA, First National Bank, Nedbank or Standard Bank and wish to pay by EFT, you can do an instant EFT. When paying by Instant EFT there will be no waiting period before your order is authorised.
2. Bank Deposit or Standard EFT
Cash deposits at a bank: Please use ONLY your order number as reference. Deposits made before 12 noon should be processed on the same day, alternatively the following morning. We are dependent on the banks so system delays may occur.
Internet Transfers: Please ONLY use your order number as reference (for example 1234567). If you bank with ABSA, deposits made before 12 noon should be processed on the same day, alternatively the following morning. Transfers made from any other bank will (in most cases) reflect the following day, but can take up to 48 hours.
Cheque Deposits: Cheque deposits are only accepted by prior arrangement. Contact us at 087 095 5722 to arrange. All cheque deposits are subject to a clearing period of ten working days. Only once a cheque has been cleared, will your order be processed.
28. What are my delivery options?
Expertstores.co.za offers 2 convenient methods of delivery:
- Courier - We deliver directly to your home or office from one of our warehouses, anywhere in South Africa. All delivery and tracking details are supplied to you at checkout;
- Collect - You can choose to collect from one of our Selected Expert Stores by prior arrangement